CERTIFICATE IN LABOR LAW SEMINAR
The Certificate in Labor Law Seminar is conducted live in an instructor-led, virtual environment. Each registered participant will have access to extensive materials and real-world case studies, online discussion boards with direct access to faculty members and recorded sessions for a full year after completion of the program.
The Certificate in Labor Law Seminar provides the most comprehensive, practical, up-to-date labor law training available. This seminar is geared to the real-world needs of human resource professionals, attorneys, and managers. The seminar provides “best practices” insights and information on a wide range of labor law issues.
The seminar is presented by prominent employment law attorneys who are also excellent presenters. The focus is on the practical implications of the law and what steps participants can take on the job to cope with the complex requirements of the various laws and regulations.
We are currently in the process of scheduling more sessions.
Important note – While participants are asked to participate in all live sessions, we realize that may not always be possible. For this reason, all sessions will be available on an on-demand basis within 24 hours if you miss a live presentation. You will only be allowed to miss one day to receive your certificate.
Full Program – 12 PDCs for SHRM and 12 hours of credit for HRCI
*This program can earn participants CLE credit. Please call or email if would like more information.
SHRM has pre-approved this seminar for Professional Development Credits (PDCs) toward SHRM-CP℠ or SHRM-SCP℠ Certifications.
IAML is a recognized provider of recertification credits. HR Certification Institute® has pre-approved these programs towards aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification.
IAML certifies that this activity conforms to the standards for approved education activities prescribed by the minimum continuing legal education rules and regulations for many states.
This program is a survey course that examines legal theories under Title VII and other Civil Rights Acts, including discrimination and harassment based upon race, sex, religion, national origin, age, and disability.
Seminar Agenda - Labor Law
- Overview of Laws Governing the Employer-Union Relationship
- Analysis of the provisions of the Labor Management Relations Act and other applicable laws.
- Practical guide to understanding and successfully dealing with the National Labor Relations Board.
Practical Guidance for Managing Non-Unionized Employees
- How to minimize legal risk through good hiring practices
- Identification of the most important employment policies
- How to use performance evaluations effectively
- The keys to avoiding an employment-related lawsuit
- How to conduct effective internal investigations
- Managing leaves of absence effectively
- Why employees unionize-recurring problems in the non-union workplace.
- Preventive measures to avoid union organizing efforts.
Changes in the Law and How they Affect You — The Election Process
- Examination of election procedures-statutory provisions and NLRB processes.
- How to conduct a legal and effective campaign against unionization.
- What should management want in a collective bargaining agreement?
- How to get what you want out of the collective bargaining process.
- Extent of responsibility to bargain in good faith.
- The correlation between collective bargaining agreements and employee handbooks.
Strikes and Picketing Activity
- Legal limits on strikes, picketing, and employer responses.
- Legal remedies and best strategies for dealing with actual or threatened strikes, picketing, and boycotts.
Operating Under a Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Living with a collective bargaining agreement.
- Making effective use of the grievance procedure.
- Preparing for and winning arbitration cases.
Successorship and the Law
- Buying a business whose employees are unionized.
- Understanding your rights and liabilities in mergers and acquisitions.
Ending the Union Relationship
- The decertification process.
- Other non-election means through which to legally end the relationship.
IAML’s faculty is a veritable “who’s who” of leading attorneys and consultants with excellent academic credentials and extensive real world experience. Each member has enjoyed high ratings for their presentation skills and is an industry thought leader who inspires and shares our focus of ensuring the highest quality training programs available.
“IAML puts on some of the best training I have ever attended! You are a great resource.”
“Being a seasoned HR professional I choose my resources for education and CEU’s to maintain my certification carefully. IAML always exceeds my expectations and the professionals working with your organization are TOP notch!!! Thank you for consistently exceeding our expectations and building the confidence required to survive in this ever changing HR environment!”
“I was very impressed with the content. It was very comprehensive. Wayne Williams is an incredible presenter. I am very pleased I attended.”
“I found the seminar to be very informative and relevant. You certainly have two gems in Gavin [Appleby] and Wayne [Williams]. Their knowledge of the subject matter and the ease in which they interact with the attendees made the seminar a true success. I have stated as much to the powers that be here in a formal memo, and have recommended the seminar to other managers.”
YOUR SATISFACTION IS GUARANTEED
IAML is confident you are going to find this program to be highly beneficial and a fantastic use of your training budget. If, for any reason, you are not completely satisfied, we will refund your tuition costs.