CERTIFICATE IN EMPLOYMENT DISCRIMINATION LAW SEMINAR
The Certificate in Employment Discrimination Law Seminar is conducted live in an instructor-led, virtual environment. Each registered participant will have access to extensive materials and real-world case studies, online discussion boards with direct access to faculty members and recorded sessions for a full year after completion of the program.
The Certificate in Employment Discrimination Law Seminar provides the most comprehensive, practical, up-to-date employment law training available. This seminar is geared to the real-world needs of human resource professionals, attorneys, and managers. The seminar provides “best practices” insights and information on a wide range of employment discrimination law issues.
The seminar is presented by prominent employment law attorneys who are also excellent presenters. The focus is on the practical implications of the law and what steps participants can take on the job to cope with the complex requirements of the various laws and regulations.
We are currently in the process of scheduling more sessions.
Important note – While participants are asked to participate in all live sessions, we realize that may not always be possible. For this reason, all sessions will be available on an on-demand basis within 24 hours if you miss a live presentation. You will only be allowed to miss one day to receive your certificate.
Full Program – 16 PDCs for SHRM and 16 hours of credit for HRCI
*This program can earn participants CLE credit. Please call or email if would like more information.
SHRM has pre-approved this seminar for Professional Development Credits (PDCs) toward SHRM-CP℠ or SHRM-SCP℠ Certifications.
IAML is a recognized provider of recertification credits. HR Certification Institute® has pre-approved these programs towards aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification.
IAML certifies that this activity conforms to the standards for approved education activities prescribed by the minimum continuing legal education rules and regulations for many states.
This program is a survey course that examines legal theories under Title VII and other Civil Rights Acts, including discrimination and harassment based upon race, sex, religion, national origin, age, and disability.
Seminar Agenda - Employment Discrimination Law
- Analyzes race, color and national origin discrimination claims under Title VII and the Post-Civil War Civil Rights Acts.
- Examines the various theories of sex discrimination, including such issues as pregnancy discrimination, employee benefits design and equal pay.
- Discusses sexual and other types of harassment, investigations and policies employers need to mitigate their risk of liability.
- Reviews trends in protecting the rights of persons based on sexual orientation.
- Updates religious discrimination issues, including employer obligations to accommodate employees’ religious practices.
Strategies and Practical Advice for Dealing with Issues Under the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Family and Medical Leave Act
- A thorough examination of the Americans with Disabilities Act and the effective handling of the disabled employee, including a discussion of the changed standards under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act.
- An analysis of current decisions interpreting an employer’s rights and responsibilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- An examination of the Family and Medical Leave Act, its regulations, and recent cases dealing with leave issues.
An Update on Developments in the Law Under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- An examination of developing legal issues, including disparate impact claims and defenses.
- A review of issues associated with employee benefits designs, especially severance benefits.
Resolving Discrimination Claims Without Litigation
- Resolving complaints internally and encouraging employees to use your procedures.
- Avoiding litigation through binding arbitration.
- A discussion of recent court decisions concerning the enforceability of agreements to arbitrate employment claims and class claims.
Litigating Discrimination Claims
- A review of the case handling process under EEOC regulations.
- How to win your case at the administrative level.
- An examination of effective litigation strategies.
- Avoidance of retaliation claims.
- Settlement strategies, including pre-charge settlements as well as settlements in conjunction with agencies.
An Examination of Affirmative Action
- A detailed discussion of voluntary affirmative action trends.
- An examination of the requirements of Executive Order 11246 for government contractors.
- How to prepare affirmative action plans.
- Dealing with the OFCCP effectively.
- Update on judicial opinions regarding affirmative action and “reverse discrimination.”
IAML’s faculty is a veritable “who’s who” of leading attorneys and consultants with excellent academic credentials and extensive real world experience. Each member has enjoyed high ratings for their presentation skills and is an industry thought leader who inspires and shares our focus of ensuring the highest quality training programs available.
“IAML puts on some of the best training I have ever attended! You are a great resource.”
“Being a seasoned HR professional I choose my resources for education and CEU’s to maintain my certification carefully. IAML always exceeds my expectations and the professionals working with your organization are TOP notch!!! Thank you for consistently exceeding our expectations and building the confidence required to survive in this ever changing HR environment!”
“I was very impressed with the content. It was very comprehensive. Wayne Williams is an incredible presenter. I am very pleased I attended.”
“I found the seminar to be very informative and relevant. You certainly have two gems in Gavin [Appleby] and Wayne [Williams]. Their knowledge of the subject matter and the ease in which they interact with the attendees made the seminar a true success. I have stated as much to the powers that be here in a formal memo, and have recommended the seminar to other managers.”
YOUR SATISFACTION IS GUARANTEED
IAML is confident you are going to find this program to be highly beneficial and a fantastic use of your training budget. If, for any reason, you are not completely satisfied, we will refund your tuition costs.