Amy is experienced in representing employers in the retail, hospitality, warehouse, distribution, manufacturing, food production, transportation and healthcare industries. She advises and trains clients on employee relations, union avoidance, collective bargaining strategies, sexual harassment and compliance with state and federal employment laws. Amy also offers an in-depth understanding of Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
Notably, Amy currently serves as the management chair of the Subcommittee on the Development of the Law under the NLRA for the American Bar Association, which gives her the opportunity to frequently interact with the NLRB and its general counsel and which assists her in interpreting new regulations and other unique labor law issues. A frequent author and speaker on traditional labor law matters, clients and colleagues alike value Amy for her legal acumen and responsiveness to their needs.
- Represented numerous hospitality organizations in negotiations, union organizing campaigns and arbitrations involving the UNITE HERE and IUOE
- Represented a nationwide meat packing company, airline catering company, distributor of sundry products and Midwestern grain company in numerous union organizing drives, NLRB-proceedings, and/or union certification and decertification elections, involving the UFCW, the RWDSU, Steelworkers and Teamsters Unions
- Served as chief labor negotiator during several initial and successive contracts involving the SEIU, the Teamsters, UNITE HERE, RWDSU, UFCW, the Utility Workers and the Steelworkers Unions
- Retained by several national employers with more than 50 U.S. locations to conduct positive employer relations training and union vulnerability audits and assessments at numerous locations
- Represented numerous clients in various industries in WARN Act litigation, including class action litigation
- Represented a client in a jury trial in a case involving alleged claims of age and disability discrimination