Samuel Matchett is a Partner with King & Spalding's Atlanta Labor & Employment Practice Group. He concentrates his practice on employment relationship matters, with an emphasis in employment law litigation in both state and federal courts, governmental agencies, and arbitration tribunals. In addition to his litigation practice, Mr. Matchett provides general client advice on the avoidance of employee-related problems and prepares and presents seminars concerning all aspects of the employment relationship. He is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court and several appellate courts. Additional, Mr. Matchett was recently selected by Chambers USA as a leading lawyer in his practice area, named to Georgia Trend magazine's "Legal Elite" - a list of Georgia attorneys chosen by their peers as the leading lawyers in their practice areas, and is designated in the most recent edition of The Best Lawyers in America for employment law. Mr. Matchett received his J.D. from the University of Georgia. He has served as a faculty member for IAML for more than 15 years.
- J.D., University of Georgia
- B.A., magna cum laude, Morehouse College
- “Supreme Court Endorses EEOC Manifest Intent Test,” L&E News, Labor and Employment Section of Atlanta Bar Association (co-author) (Fall 2008)
- Client Alert: “Failure to Comply with Federal EEO Posting Requirements,” (June 29, 2005)
- “Legal Affairs, Affirmative Action in the Balance,” Tips for walking the tightrope toward workplace diversity, Smart Business Atlanta, (April 2004)
- Co-author: [Juries], [in] Employment Litigation Handbook 184 (Jon W. Green & John W. Robinson IV eds.), (1998)